Fall is here! This free printable Fall I Spy Game is perfect for entertaining kids of all ages at home during a playdate or on a rainy day. It is also a fun activity to help kids work on their fine motor skills in the classroom during the Fall season.
Whether you are planning an autumn themed party or need some fun seasonal printable worksheets for the classroom, this I Spy game is the perfect game to play. Both kids and adults will have fun trying to find all of the autumn themed items in this I spy game.
- White printer paper or cardstock
- Free printable file (the download link is located at the end of this post)
- Pen, pencil or crayons
How to play:
In the box above you will see a variety of Fall themed images. What you need to do is count how many of each image you see and write the correct number on the lines below.
You will be searching for the following fall objects:
- Cup of tea
How to make the game easier:
If younger kids are playing, you can have them try one of the following to make counting the pictures easier.
- Color in each item with a different color as you count the different objects
- Cross off with an X each item as you count each picture
- Circle each item as you count the different objects, maybe with different colored pencils or markers
How to make printable games more competitive:
Set a timer
A super simple way to make printable games more exciting for older children and also a fun way to add in a healthy dose of competition would be to set a timer. See how fast everyone can find all the Halloween themed items and write down the correct answer.
Afterwards, you can give the winner a small prize, or maybe just the opportunity to not have to help with the dishes that night! This would also be a great activity for a playdate as well. The more involved the funner it is!
How to make our free printables reusable:
Maybe you are a teacher looking for educational activities and would like to reuse the I spy game with multiple students or in multiple classrooms.
Or maybe you would like to save the activity for young children to work on year after year. Whatever the case may be, laminating printables are always a great way to make activities reusable.
Simply laminate the game using a lamination machine and then use a dry erase marker to work on the I spy game.
If you do not have access to a lamination machine, dry erase pockets are also a great option. All you have to do is place the game into the pocket and then once again use a dry erase marker to work on the activity.
If you are planning on reusing the game, I would recommend printing the mazes out onto white cardstock if possible. Cardstock is much more durable than standard printer paper and will be able to better withstand being used over and over again by younger children.
Free Fall I Spy Game for Kids
This game was designed to be printed onto a standard piece of 8.5×11 inch piece of printer paper or cardstock.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the activity as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This game was created for personal use or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.