The day dedicated to love is on it’s way! Get into the holiday spirit by working on some of our fun free printable Valentine’s Day mazes.
Ranging from easy to hard, we’ve got a variety of mazes perfect for entertaining and challenging both children and adults.
Free Printable Valentine’s Day Mazes
Each of the Valentine’s Day mazes that you will find on this page have been designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper or cardstock.
Please feel free to download and print out as many copies of the games as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. These activities were created for personal use of classroom use only.
What is a maze?
Mazes are a type of puzzle where you need to figure out the correct path to get from one end to the other. Some paths may lead you to dead ends, while one path will lead you the way out.
To work on a maze can use a pencil or a dry erase marker (if laminated). While you can of course use a crayon, pen or marker as well, using something that can be erased will definitely come in handy when you hit those tricky dead ends.
Mazes can be made in a wide variety of levels ranging from super easy to very hard. This make them great activities for both kids and adults.
Are there any benefits to working on mazes?
Taking a few minutes to work on brain teasers such as mazes can be a great way to take your mind off of anything in your life that is stressing you out. Afterwards, you may return to the stressful situation with a clearer head and a better perspective on the situation.
Improve problem solving skills.
Mazes are great for helping you better learn how to analyze situations and figure out the best way to move forward. If you find yourself stuck in a certain path of the maze, you’ll need to figure out a new way to reach the end.
Enhance fine motor skills.
Working on mazes can definitely help improve fine motor skills and hand eye coordination in both kids and adults.
While some mazes are easy to solve, not all are! If you are working on a more difficult maze, you will have to exercise your patience levels in order to figure out a way to reach your goal of solving the puzzle.
Mazes are fun!
These are great activities for simply having fun during a holiday party, as a classroom activity or just something to work on at home. I know that my kids love working on mazes while waiting for dinner to be ready!
How to solve a maze
While the goal of working on a maze is to reach the end, there are many different paths that you can take along the way.
Here are a couple of tips that may help you find the solution:
- Take your time to make decisions.
At a certain point, you are going to reach an area of the puzzle where you will have to make a decision. You may have the option to go two or more different ways. Take a moment to think about which path may lead you to a more promising direction. Rushing won’t get you anywhere!
- Think outside of the box.
If you are having a lot of trouble working through the maze from beginning to end. Try taking a different approach and starting from the end and working your way to the start. Sometimes looking at a situation from a different point of view helps you to gain a new perspective.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.