This free printable Summer word search game is perfect for both kids and adults to work on at home, at a party, or on a long road trip.
In my attempt to make at home learning a little more enjoyable for my kids, I decided that I wanted to come up with a bunch of seasonal games that would not only be fun but they would be learning something at the same time.
Today, I wanted to share with you all my free printable Summer word search game.
Word searches are great for word recognition, spelling, vocabulary and overall patience. It may take some time to find a certain word amongst all of the letters, but with some determination, it can always be done!
In this word search game, you will be searching for the twelve Summer themed words below:
- Flip flops
- Ice cream
Free Printable Summer Word Search
This word search game is designed to be printed onto an 8.5×11 inch piece of paper. One game will print per page.
Feel free to download and print as many copies of the word search game as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This game is intended for personal or classroom use only.
If you are a teacher, you may wish to use this word search game as part of a yearly activity for your students to work on before summer vacation.
If so, you may want to reuse the same game over and over and save yourself some time and paper. I would recommend using a home lamination machine to laminate the word search game and then have your students use dry erase markers to find all of the words. Once they are complete, you can simply have them wipe away all of the circled words and then reuse year after year.
Another option would be to use these really cool dry erase pockets. All you have to do is print out the games, and then place them into the pockets. Use dry erase markers to circle the found words and then easily erase when complete.
For both of these options, I would definitely recommend printing out the games onto white cardstock. Cardstock holds up a lot better than regular printer paper if being used over and over again… especially if being used by kids!
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More fun free Summer themed games and activities:
- Free Printable Summer Word Scramble
In this word scramble game you will be trying to unscramble ten Summer themed words. This activity is fun and challenging for both kids and adults alike.
- Free Printable Summer Maze
Here, you will have to work your way though the maze to reach the sun in the center. A simple activity that is perfect for younger children.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.