This free printable Winter word search and word scramble activity page would make a great rainy day activity to entertain your kids. It would also be perfect for a classroom holiday party.
There are 16 winter related words to find in this fun word search puzzle. Not only are word searches fun activities but they are also great for building vocabulary and improving spelling skills.
Also included on this activity page are 5 winter related words to unscramble.
This printable pdf is sized to fit a standard 8.5×11 inch page.
Winter Word Search and Word Scramble Activity Page
A few ways to make word searches more fun at a holiday party:
- Set a timer. See which party guest can find the most words in a set amount of time. Whoever find the most words when time is up, can win a prize!
- Give out all the word search games to each guest face down. When you say GO, have your guests try and find all the words as fast as possible. Whoever finds all of the words first, wins!
- Everyone can work on their word search puzzle on their own time throughout the party. After, have each person write their name on the page and put the finished puzzle into a box. At the end of the party, the host can choose one piece of paper out of the box at random and whoever is chosen, wins! This would be best if there are a lot of guests/students at the party.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Check out these holiday themed pencils. They would be perfect for working on the winter word search!
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.