In this free printable Winter I Spy game, you will be searching for nine seasonal images. This is a great activity for kids to work on in the classroom, at a holiday party, or at home during winter break.
How do you play I spy?
I spy is a simple yet fun winter activity where you will have to count how many of each Winter themed image you see in the box above. Then you will have to write down the correct number of pictures that you see on the lines provided.
It is a great way to keep the kids entertained on cold winter days while also working on their fine motor skills. It is also a fun way to help kids of all ages improve their counting skills as well.
In this game, you will be searching for the following winter themed items:
- Cloud and snow
- Free printable activity (the pdf file download link is located at the bottom of the post)
- Crayons, markers, pens or pencils
- Printer paper
How to make I spy games easier:
If you using this activity with younger kids, you might want to try out some of the following ways to make the game easier for them to complete:
- Drawing an X:
Have your kids or students draw and X through each picture as they count them. Simply set out a cup of crayons or markers and being circling and counting.
- Color in the pictures:
Coloring in each images as they count them can help kids have an easier time counting the pictures.
- Drawing a tally:
Using a separate piece of paper, your kids or students can draw a line tally every time that they count an image. This is a perfect way to help your child if they can’t count too high yet. You can then help them count each line afterwards.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Winter I Spy Game
This I spy game was designed to be printed out onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of printer paper or cardstock. One game will print per page.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the activity as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. All of our free printables are created for personal use or classroom use only.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.