Make walks more fun this Winter by incorporating this free printable winter scavenger hunt. It will make a regular morning or afternoon stroll more exciting and engaging for your kids. Scavenger hunts are also great for helping kids improve their observation skills while of course having fun.
Colder months mean colder weather and while this might not be the ideal time for a winter walk around the neighborhood, outdoor activities can be so refreshing to get out into the winter weather and spend some time out in the great outdoors
As long as you make sure to layer on some warm clothes, the whole family can enjoy some time outside in the fresh air during the winter season
This scavenger hunt is not only the perfect activity to incorporate into regular walks around the block, but can also be a fun way to keep the kids entertained in the backyard, at a local park or a walking trail as well.
If you have older kids, you can turn the scavenger hunt into a competition. Encourage them to find all of the winter items by offering a small prize or make it a timed competition.
Both younger kids and big kids can have a great time doing this outdoor scavenger hunt.
- Free winter scavenger hunt checklist (the pdf file download link is located at the bottom of this post).
- Pens, pencils, markers or crayons
- White printer paper
- Clipboard (optional)
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
In this scavenger hunt, this is the list of things that you will be trying to find. They are all items that are regularly seen during the winter season:
- Brown leaf
- Holiday lights
How to use the scavenger hunt:
Simply print out the checklist onto regular white printer paper or cardstock. If you’d like, place the checklist onto a clipboard to make marking off each item easier.
Walk around your neighborhood, backyard or local park and try and find each of the items listed on the scavenger hunt page.
Free Printable Winter Scavenger Hunt
This activity was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch printer paper or cardstock.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the scavenger hunt as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This activity was created for personal use or classroom use only.
More fun free cold weather activities for kids of all ages:
- Free Printable Winter I Spy Game for Kids
- Free Printable Roll a Snowman Game
- Free Printable Build your own Snowman Craft
- Free Printable Winter Word Search and Word Scramble
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.