This free printable How many words can you make out of Independence Day is the perfect challenging activity to play at backyard barbecues or parties this July 4th.
Great for both kids and adults alike, everyone will have a great time trying to come up with as many words as they can before time runs out!
I have been very into playing word games on my phone lately. I love how they are both entertaining while still being challenging and making me think. It is a great combination for a game and always makes me feel like I’m getting a little bit smarter each time!
As great as digital games are, there is really nothing that compares to old fashioned pen and paper. This free printable How many words can you make out of Independence Day game is the perfect activity to challenge your brain, get a little competitive with friends and family, and of course have a bunch of fun.
How do you play the how many words can you make game?
At the top of the page there will be a certain word or words. In this case, the words are “Independence Day.”
Using only the letters I,N,D,E,P,E,D,E,N,C,E,D,A,Y one time each, you have to see how many different words you can make.
On the activity sheet there are 30 lines available. However, if you feel inspired and can keep going, you can always flip the page over and continue writing down the words you find.
Did you know there are 174 words you can make out of “Independence Day?” Here are a few to get you started:
You are definitely able to play this game alone. However, if you are playing with multiple people, you might wish to add a little bit of competition into the mix.
How to turn the activity into a scattergories game:
I love scattergories, and it adds such a fun additional element to playing this game. Here’s how it works:
- First set a timer for a certain duration, somewhere around 5-10 minutes.
- Each player now has to start coming up with as many words as they can using only the letters found in “Independence Day.” TIP: Try to come up with the most unique words as you can!
- After the timer runs out, everyone will go around the room announcing the words they came up with. If another player has the same word as you, you both must cross it off your list.
- Whoever has the most unique words at the end of the game, wins!
Free Printable How many words can you make out of Independence Day Game
This activity was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of paper. One game will print per page.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the activity as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This game was created for personal use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Check out the full 4th of July printable activity bundle below:
More fun free 4th of July games and activities below:
- Free Printable 4th of July I Spy
Have fun searching for and counting nine Independence Day themed images in this I spy game.
- Free Printable 4th of July word scramble
In this word scramble game you will have to try and unscramble twelve holiday themed words.
- Free Printable 4th of July coloring page
- Free Printable 4th of July Maze
In this game you will be working through the maze to reach the American flag in the center.
- Free Printable 4th of July Word Search
Here, you will be searching for fifteen holiday themed words in this fun word search puzzle.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.