This fun and challenging New Year’s Eve word scramble game is the perfect way to end the year while waiting for midnight. Whether you are celebrating at home or out with family and friends, having some free printable games on hand are a great way to pass the time and enjoy one another’s company.
Word scramble games are not only fun and challenging for both kids and adults, but can also help improve vocabulary and spelling skills.
How to make word scramble games more fun in a group setting:
- Set a timer:
Set a timer for a designated amount of time. Once someone says “Go,” everyone must begin solving the words as quickly as they can. Whichever player was able to unscramble the most amount of words during that time, wins!
- Solve as quickly as possible:
In this version of the game, each player will begin with their word scramble game face down on a table. Once the game begins, everyone will flip over their paper and start unscrambling the words as fast as they can. Whoever is able to correctly unscramble all of their words first, is the winner.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable New Year’s Eve Word Scramble Game
Have fun trying to unscramble these ten New Years themed words in this fun word scramble game. But don’t worry! We’ve included an answer key at the bottom of this post in case you get stumped!
This game is designed to print onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of paper or cardstock. One game will print per page.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the word scramble game as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This game was created for personal or classroom use only.
If you enjoyed this game, you might also like to check out some of our other free printables great for the New Year.
- Free Printable New Year’s Eve Word Search Game
Have fun searching for fifteen New Years themed words in this free printable word search game. Makes for a great activity to work on while waiting for midnight or to entertain your guests during a party!
- Free Printable Savings Tracker
Start the year off right by making a plan for savings. Using this free printable savings tracker is a great way to make saving for a big item or event not seem so intimitating.
- Free Printable Daily Habit Tracker
Seeing your goals written down in front of you makes sticking to your resolutions so much easier! Use this free printable daily habit tracker to check off boxes each day you successfully stick to your desired habit.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Word Scramble Answer Key: