This free printable roll a rainbow game is a fun activity to keep the kids having fun in the classroom or at home on a rainy day!
All that you need to play this game is the free printable game board, some dice and a bowl of M&Ms.
Both children and adults will have a great time playing this fun activity. My favorite part about this game is that once you are done playing, you have a yummy treat to enjoy!
- Free printable game board (download link is located at the bottom of this post)
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- Candy free option: Markers, crayons or colored pencils. You will need red, blue, orange, brown, yellow and green.
How to play the Roll a Rainbow Game
Give every player a game board and one dice. If you are playing with a large group of people or in a classroom setting, you might be interested in purchasing dice in bulk.
First, roll the dice and see what number it lands on, next use the key on the game board and begin filling in the rainbow picture with the correct color M&M.
Continue to roll the dice until all of the spaces are filled up with the correct colors.
If you don’t want to use candy, you can easily swap out the M&Ms for orange, blue, red, brown, yellow and green crayons, markers or colored pencils.
With this option, instead of filling in each circle with an M&M, you can fill them in by coloring them in.
How to make the game more competitive:
If you are playing the roll a rainbow game with older kids or would just like to add in a little bit of competition, you might like to make it a race against time!
First, give each person a game board and a small bowl of M&Ms. Now, everyone will have to roll their dice and try to fill in the circles as quickly as possible. Whoever fills in their entire rainbow first, can eat everyone else’s candy!
Free Printable Roll a Rainbow Game
This game is designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper or cardstock. I would definitely recommend printing the games onto white cardstock.
Two games will print per page. Once printed, you can use a paper cutter or scissors. If you’re looking for a great paper cutter, this is the one that I have on my work desk at the moment.
Feel free to download and print as many copies of the roll a rainbow game as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This game was created for personal or classroom use only.
If you are planning on using this roll a rainbow game as a classroom activity you might like to laminate the pages to make them more durable. This is the lamination machine that I currently have and I would definitely recommend it!
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
If you enjoyed this game, you might like to check out some of our other fun free printable “Roll-A” games below:
- Roll A Snowman Game
- Roll a Christmas Tree Game
- Roll a Heart Game
- Roll a Turkey Game
- Roll an Easter Egg Game
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.