Back to school season is here! This free printable school color by number worksheet is a great activity for kids to work on either at home or in the classroom. It encourages creativity as well as some basic reading and matching skills.
Coloring pages are always a lot of fun. However, if you would like to take it up a notch, you can have your children or studs work on this color by number worksheet instead.
Similar to a traditional coloring page, you will be coloring in the picture. But instead of using any colors, you will have to match up the number with the designated color in the key.
- Printable worksheet (the free printable link is located at the bottom of this post)
- Crayons, markers or colored pencils
How to use the color by number worksheet:
First, look at the key at the top of the page. This will tell you which number corresponds with which color. If your child can read, great! They can simply use the key to see which space to color which color.
If your child is unable to read, that’s okay too! What you can do is draw a small dot next to each number so they can visually see what color each space should be and then match it up with the numbers in the picture.
In this case:
1 = Yellow
2 = Red
3 = Green
4 = Gray
5 = Blue
6 = Pink
7 = Brown
8 = Black
Free Printable School Color by Number Worksheet
This worksheet was designed to fit onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white paper. One worksheet will print per page. Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the school color by number as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This activity was created for personal or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More fun free school themed printables below:
- Free Printable Back to School Coloring Page
- Free Printable Back to School Word Search
- Free Printable Back to School Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Back to School I Spy
- Free Printable Back to School Maze
- Free Printable Back to School Word Scramble
- Free Printable Back to School ABC Game
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.