This free printable build an elf craft is the perfect way to get your kids into the Christmas spirit and excited about the upcoming holiday season. With minimal supplies, they can have a ton of fun creating their very own elf!
- White printer paper or cardstock
- The elf template (the download link is located at the bottom of this post)
- Markers, crayons colored pencils or other fun art supplies you would like to use.
- Construction paper
How to use the template:
The first thing you will want to do is print out the build an elf template. The free download link is located at the bottom of this post.
Next, gather some fun art supplies you have. This could be anything from crayons, markers, colored pencils etc. Have your kids color in all the pieces of the elf.
With your help, or on their own if they are able, cut out all of the different pieces of the elf.
Grab a piece of colored construction paper and begin gluing the pieces together to form the elf. There is a small picture of what the final elf should look like to reference.
And that is all there is to it! You now have a festive art project to hang on the wall or the fridge! Keep it up during Christmastime, or if you’re like us, all year round!
Free Printable Build an Elf Craft
This project was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper or cardstock. One elf craft will print per page. Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the template as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This project was created for personal or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
If you enjoyed this craft project, you might also like to check out some of our other fun free “build your own” printable crafts below:
- Free printable build an excavator craft
- Free printable build a monster craft
- Free printable build a snowman craft
- Free printable build a train craft
- Free printable build an airplane craft
- Free printable build your own ice cream craft
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.