This free printable Thanksgiving crossword puzzle is a great activity for kids and adults alike to work on during the upcoming holiday season.
The real meaning of Thanksgiving is to celebrate what we are grateful for. And what better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than to play fun games with your friends and family.
Today, I’m happy to share with you this fun free printable Thanksgiving crossword puzzle. This crossword puzzle features 10 clues to help you fill in the spaces below. It’s a great activity to play while you are waiting for dinner to be ready.. or while waiting for dessert (in my opinion the very best part of any meal!).
Free Printable Thanksgiving Crossword Puzzle
This Thanksgiving crossword puzzle is designed to print onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of paper or cardstock.
Feel free to download and print as many copies of the crossword puzzle as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the file sin any way. This puzzle is intended for personal or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
How to make printable games reusable:
If you are planning on using this Thanksgiving crossword puzzle at an annual holiday party or as a classroom activity, you might want to reuse the game year after year. If so, I would recommend laminating the game.
This is the home lamination machine that I currently have and I absolutely love it! I really look for any excuse I can to laminate something!
All you need to do is run the crossword puzzle through the lamination machine and then use dry erase markers to fill in the puzzle. Afterwards, you can easily wipe off the answers and reuse the game again next year.
More fun free printable Thanksgiving games and activities:
- Thanksgiving Word Search:
This free printable Thanksgiving word search features 21 holiday themed words to search for. You can work on the game at your own pace, or if you are playing with a larger group of people, you can set a timer to make things a little more competitive!
- Thanksgiving Word Scramble:
This fun free printable word scramble features 15 Thanksgiving themed words to try and unscramble. With both short and long words, this activity is fun and challenging for a variety of age groups.
- How many words can you make from Thanksgiving:
This is a super fun and challenging game where you have to try and come up with as many words as you can using only the letters that are found in the word Thanksgiving. Here is a hint. There are 348 different words that you are able to make with those letters!
- Thanksgiving Maze:
Everyone at the Thanksgiving dinner table will have a blast working their way through this fun free printable maze. Mazes are a great activity for a variety of ages.
- Thanksgiving Bingo:
Thanksgiving bingo is a really great game to play while you are waiting for dinner to be served. Both kids and adults alike will have a great time playing the classic bingo game with a fun Thanksgiving twist. This would also be the perfect activity to play at a classroom holiday party.
- Thanksgiving I Spy:
Your kids will have so much fun searching for 8 Thanksgiving themed images in this super fun holiday I Spy game. Acorns, leaves, pumpkins, turkeys and more!
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.