This free printable turkey coloring page will be the perfect activity for the little ones to work on while you are busy cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Featuring a happy turkey wearing a fun pilgrim hat, the creative possibilities are endless when coloring in this classic Thanksgiving character.
I always try to incorporate as much art as possible into our daily routines. When my kids and I sit down with a blank piece of paper and some crayons, I still feel that sense of, “oh no, how do I get started?”
Of course, children generally have no problem just getting right into the arts and crafts, but I like to have somewhat of a starting point.
After a while I started switching it up sometimes and printing out coloring pages instead of simply having blank paper available. I find coloring oftentimes more relaxing than starting to draw from scratch, and the kids have a lot of fun with the coloring pages as well.
We’ll use different themed coloring pages based on the season, upcoming holiday, or whatever cartoon character they are into at the moment.
I then decided that I wanted to start making my own coloring pages for them to use. Today, I wanted to share this free printable Turkey coloring page. It is a great activity to incorporate into the fall season and especially on or around Thanksgiving Day.
Whether you need to keep the kids occupied while cooking dinner, or just need a fun project for them to work on during a rainy day, this coloring page will give them the inspiration needed to let their creativity run wild!
Free Printable Turkey Coloring Page
This coloring page is designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of paper. If you would like the page to have a little more weight and durability, I would highly suggest printing it out onto white cardstock instead.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the turkey coloring page as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This coloring page is intended for personal or classroom use only.
What materials to use for your coloring pages:
- colored pencils
- decorate with stickers, pom poms, glitter or anything else you can think of!
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More fun free printable Thanksgiving activities for kids:
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Bingo Cards
Thanksgiving bingo is a great game to play with both kids and adults as you are waiting for dinner to be ready. This would also make a super fun classroom activity to play before the holiday break. Featuring fun imagery like pilgrim hats, oven roasted turkeys and pumpkin pie, everyone will have a great time trying to score 5 in a row!
- Free Printable Roll a Turkey Game
All you need to play this fun game is the printable game card, a few dice and some colorful M&Ms. Simply roll one dice and then use they key on the card to fill in the turkey’s feathers with the M&Ms. The first player to fill in all of the turkey’s feathers, wins!
- Free Printable Thanksgiving I Spy Game
This Thanksgiving themed I spy game features pumpkins, pilgrim hats, cookies, turkeys and more! Search through the box above and count how many of each picture you see. To add an extra fun creative twist, you can also encourage the kids to color in each picture as they count them.
- Free Printable Activity Placemat for Kids
Just like restaurants do, having a fun activity placemat for kids under their plates is a great way to keep them entertained and out of trouble while their dinner is being prepared, or while everyone else is still eating. It features a large coloring section, a word search and a large box to write down what they are thankful for this year.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.