This free printable Thanksgiving Placemat is a great way to keep the kids entertained before, after (or during) Thanksgiving dinner. It is the perfect way to dress up your Thanksgiving table while also allowing the kids to work on some fun activities.
While creating this placemat, I had restaurants in mind. Whenever I go out to eat with my kids, I always hope that they have a fun placemat for them to color on. It makes waiting for the food to arrive a lot more painless for everyone!
With that in mind, I wanted to create some free Thanksgiving placemats that would be a great way to add something fun to the kids table this year. I also think that adding some placemats as place settings dress up the dinner table a bit more and are a fun way to add some festive elements to the room.
If you are interested in more fun free printable activity sheets that would be great this time of year, be sure to check out some of the other Thanksgiving themed games discussed a little later in this post.
How to use the Placemats:
Using a home printer (or a local printer!), simply print out a placemat for each child that will be attending your Thanksgiving dinner this year. Keep a few cups of crayons, markers or colored pencils on the kids table. The kids can draw on and color in the placemat as much as they’d like.
The coloring portion of the placemat features the words “Happy Thanksgiving” along with a variety of Fall themed items such as leaves, turkeys, pumpkins, pies and more!
This placemat also includes a Thanksgiving themed word search. It is a great activity for the older kids and adults as well. Along with the word search is a box where children can write or draw what they are thankful for this year. This printable is a super fun way to dress up your place settings at the dinner table this year.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Placemat (The download link is located at the bottom of this page)
- Regular printer paper sized 8.5×11 inches
- Crayons, markers or colored pencils
- Home printer (or a local printer)
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Thanksgiving Placemat for Kids
This placemat was designed to be printed out onto white 8.5×11 inch paper. Feel free to download and print as many placemats as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This printable was created for personal use or classroom use only.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope you have a wonderful holiday meal and enjoy the big day with lots of family and friends!
More Thanksgiving Freebies:
- Free Printable Thankful ABC Game
In this game, you have to try and think of something that you are grateful for for each letter of the alphabet.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Search
A classic word search game with Thanksgiving themed words.
- Free Printable Build a Turkey Activity
This is a great activity for kids to work on this Thanksgiving Day. Color in all of the parts and then cut and paste to create your very own Turkey.
- Free Printable Turkey Hand Puppet
The best part about this activity is that when you are done creating it, you have a fun toy to play with as well.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Scramble
In this activity, you will have to try and unscramble all of the Thanksgiving themed words.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving I Spy
This is a fun activity where you have to count how many of each Thanksgiving themed item you can find in the picture above.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Bingo
The classic bingo game with a fun holiday twist.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.