This free printable Halloween I Spy Game is perfect for entertaining kids during the Halloween season, so basically all of October! They are completely free to download and print as many times as you’d like.
Whether you’re planning a Halloween party, need a spooky classroom activity or are just looking for a fun game to play before trick or treating, this I Spy game is just what you’re looking for.
- Free printable game
- Printer paper or white cardstock
- Pens or pencils (these Halloween themed pencils are super cute!)
- And here are a few optional supplies that are totally not necessary, but might be fun to incorporate! Dry erase pouches, dry erase markers, markers, crayons, and prizes.
This game is sized to print on a standard 8.5×11 inch page. Feel free to download and use as many as you’d like! However, please do not edit or redistribute the file.
How do you play?
Count how many of each item you see in the image and then write down the correct number in the space before each image.
Kids and adults alike will have a blast trying to find all of the spooky Halloween themed items in this I Spy game. Spiders, ghosts, pumpkins, bats and more!
Heres a tip: If you’re playing with younger children, you can have them draw an X over each picture as they count them. They can even use a different colored crayon or marker to make it easier.
And if you’re a teacher, this would definitely be the perfect fun activity for your classroom Halloween party or really anytime during October.
So you don’t have to complete the game yourself, I’ve also included an answer key. The download link is located at the bottom of this post.
Make game reusable:
Want to keep this game stored away for next year? Maybe you’d like to reuse it as a yearly classroom activity. All you need to do is laminate the page or put it in one of these nifty dry erase pockets and use a dry erase marker.
This is a great way to not only keep your festive games in great shape, but save a few trees in re printing every year.
Just make sure no one is caught erasing their answers and trying to cheat!
How to make printable games more competitive:
A super simple way to make printable games more exciting for older kids and also add in a healthy dose of competition would be to set a timer. See how fast everyone can find all the Halloween themed items and write down the correct answer.
Afterwards, you can give the winner a small prize, or maybe just the opportunity to not have to help with the dishes that night! This would also be a great activity for a playdate as well. The more involved the funner it is!
Not only are I Spy games a fun way to get into the holiday spirit, they are also great for working on counting skills. Learning while having fun, what could be better?!
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More Halloween Freebies:
Free printable Halloween Word Search:
Get into the spooky spirit with this super fun Halloween word search. Featuring 15 Halloween themed words to search for, everyone will have a blast working on this holiday word game.
How many words can you make out of Halloween:
In this fun activity, you will have to see how many words you can make using only the letter that are found in the word Halloween. Challenge yourself and see how many different words you are able to come up with!
Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble:
Featuring 12 Halloween themed words to try and unscramble, both kids and adults alike will find this game fun and challenging.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.