Get in the Thanksgiving spirit with this free printable Thanksgiving color by number worksheet. With simple supplies that you probably already have around the house it is great for rainy days, playdates or in the classroom as well.
Coloring is always a crowd pleaser at my house. A fun way to make coloring pages a little more educational is by adding in a color by number aspect to it.
While your kids still get to color, they also are encouraged to practice their reading skills, their ability to follow directions and of course work on their fine motor skills.
This coloring page features a Thanksgiving turkey wearing a pilgrim hat on top of a fun colorful background.
The color by number worksheet is great for a kids of all ages, and fun for adults as well, I definitely enjoyed it!.
It is a fun activity to work on at home on a rainy day, during a playdate, in the classroom or at a holiday party.
What is a color by number worksheet?
Color by number worksheets are similar to regular coloring pages except you will have a key at the top of the page that tells you which color to use where.
Each number in the key corresponds to a different color. Simply follow the key and fill in all of the shapes on the worksheet with the correct color.
If your kids or students are younger and are not able to read the color words yet, you can color in the circle next to each word in the key with the correct color. This way, they have a visual representation of what colors they should be using instead of having to read.
- Free printable coloring page (the download link is located at the bottom of this post).
- White printer paper
- Crayons, markers or colored pencils
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Thanksgiving Color by Number Worksheet
This coloring page was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the worksheet as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This worksheet was created for personal use or classroom use only.
More Thanksgiving Freebies:
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Joke Cootie Catcher
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Bingo
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Scramble
- Free Printable Thanksgiving I Spy
- Free Printable Turkey Hand Puppet
- Free Printable Build a Turkey Craft
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.