Thanksgiving is on it’s way! Start off the holiday season right by working on some fun crafts with the kids. This free printable Turkey Hand Puppet is a great project for kids of all ages. Whether you want to make it before the big day, or while you’re waiting for dinner to be ready, everyone will be sure to love it!
This hand puppet craft is a great rainy day activity, or at a holiday party at home or in the classroom. With only a few supplies that you probably already have around the house, you can create this adorable puppet that is just as much fun to make as it is to play with!
- Free printable template (the download link is located at the bottom of this post)
- White cardstock (while you can also use regular printer paper, I would highly recommend using cardstock if possible)
- Crayons, markers or colored pencils
- Glue or tape
How to assemble the puppet:
Step 1: Print out the pdf template.
The download link for the turkey hand puppet is located at the bottom of this post. Simply download the pdf and then print it out onto white cardstock.
I would definitely recommend using white cardstock to make this puppet. It will look much better and be more durable as well.However, if you do not have cardstock you can also use standard printer paper.
Step 2: Color in the turkey.
Using crayons, markers or colored pencils, color in the turkey template. You do not have to color int the two rectangles on the side of the page. These will become the handles of the puppet and will not be visible from the front.
Step 3: Cut out the shapes.
Next, cut out the turkey template as well as the two handles and then set aside.
Step 4: Fold the puppet and handles.
Begin by folding the puppet along the gray dotted lines. Once you are done folding you should only be able to see the turkey’s face. The inside of the puppet’s mouth will not be visible when closed. Be sure to also fold the ends of the handles.
Step 5: Attach the handles.
Place glue onto the two areas of the handles labeled “glue.” If you would like, you can also use tape instead of glue for this step. Attach the two handles to the top and bottom of the back of the turkey’s mouth.
Step 6: Enjoy your new puppet and have fun playing!
Free Printable Turkey Hand Puppet
This puppet was designed to be printed onto a 8.5×11 inch piece of white cardstock or printer paper. One turkey puppet will print per page. Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the puppet as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This craft was created for personal or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More Thanksgiving printables below:
- Free Printable Turkey Hat
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Crossword Puzzle
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Bingo Cards
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Activity and Coloring Book
- Free Printable Thankful ABC Game
- Free Printable Thanksgiving I Spy Game
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Placemat for Kids
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Scramble
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Search
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.