Celebrate Thanksgiving with your children or students this November with this free printable turkey hat. All you have to do is print, color, assemble and wear! This hat can be sized to fit any size head.
This printable is great for teachers who want to have their students make an adorable turkey hat to wear, or a parent wanting to set up a fun at home activity this Thanksgiving.
Supplies needed to make a turkey hat
- Printer paper or cardstock (If you have some available I would highly recommend using cardstock)
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Tape or glue
How to assemble the turkey hat
First, download and print the free turkey hat pdf that is located at the bottom of this post.
Have your children or students color in their turkey hat. While coloring, you can ask the kids what they are thankful for this year. It is a great jumping off point for some meaningful conversation.
Next, cut out all of the pieces. Tape one of the side sections to either the left or right side of the middle turkey piece. If a child needs to have a larger hat, you can also tape the second side section on as well.
Finally, wrap the hat around the child’s head and tape it into place. You can then cut off any excess paper off of the side section as needed.
Free Printable Turkey Hat
This turkey hat was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of paper or cardstock. One hat will print per page. The size of the hat can easily be adjusted to fit the size of any child’s head.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the turkey hat as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This hat was created for personal or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More Free Thanksgiving Games and Activities:
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Activity and Coloring Book
Simply print out these booklets and put one on each place setting at the kids table this Thanksgiving.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving I Spy Game
This I spy game features eight Thanksgiving themed pictures that you need to search for.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Scattergories
This scattergories game will make a great activity to play with friends and family while waiting for dinner to be served.
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Word Search
In this word search game you will be searching for eleven Thanksgiving themed words.
- Free Printable Roll a Turkey Game
All you need for this fun activity is the printable game board, a few dice and some M&Ms.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.