Halloween is right around the corner! Start getting into the holiday spirit by making these fun free printable Halloween hand puppets. Featuring Frankenstein, monsters, vampires and Jack-O-Lanterns, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
These printable hand puppets are such a fun and interactive craft for the upcoming Halloween season. Whether you are planning on making them at home, in the classroom, or at a holiday party, they will surely be a big hit!
Materials needed to make the Halloween hand puppets:
- Free printable template (the four template download links are located at the bottom of this post)
- White cardstock (regular printer paper will work as well but cardstock is definitely recommended)
- Crayons, markers or colored pencils
- Glue or tape
How to put together the hand puppets:
Step 1: Print out the templates.
The four hand puppet templates (Frankenstein, Monster, Vampire and Jack-O-Lantern) are located at the bottom of this post. Simply download the pdf and then print onto 8.5×11 inch white cardstock.
You can also use regular printer paper, however, if possible I would highly recommend cardstock. The puppet will be much more durable for play.
Step 2: Color in the puppets.
Using markers, crayons, colored pencils or any other art supplies you have around, color in the puppets. It is not necessary to color in the two rectangles on the side. These will not be seen.
Step 3: Cut out the template pieces.
The next step is to cut out the puppet’s face and the two rectangles on the side.
Step 4: Fold the puppet and rectangles.
Fold the puppet along the grey dotted lines. After folding, you should only see the puppets face, the mouth should be hidden when closed. Be sure to also fold the two rectangles that will become the handles.
Step 5: Add the handles.
Place glue on the two sections marked “glue,” and attach them to the top and bottom of the puppet’s mouth. When you place your hand in the handles, the puppet’s mouth should open and close. In this step, you can also add the two fangs to the vampire’s mouth. Simply glue the fangs to the top of the mouth so that they are showing when the vampire’s mouth is closed.
Instead of glue, you can also use tape to secure the handles and fangs to the puppets.
Step 6: Enjoy your puppets and have fun playing!
Free Printable Paper Halloween Hand Puppets
Each puppet was designed to fit onto one 8.5×11 inch piece of white cardstock or printer paper. One puppet will print per page. Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the hand puppets as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. These crafts were created for personal or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More Free Printable Halloween Activities:
- Free Printable Build a Frankenstein Craft
- Free Printable Build a Jack-O-Lantern Craft
- Free Printable Build a Monster Craft
- Free Printable Halloween Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Halloween Lacing Cards
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.