Are you feeling lucky? Get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit with this fun free printable St. Patrick’s Day word search game. This game would be perfect for classroom parties, rainy day activities at home, or any time you need to keep the kids entertained this March.
There are 15 St. Patrick’s Day themed words to find in this fun word search game. It may also help your children build their vocabulary, improve spelling skills and possibly even learn a couple of new words.
What are some benefits to working on word search puzzles?
- They are a fun way to pass the time.
Next time you are in the car on a long drive, or need something to do during a plane ride, instead of scrolling through your phone, take out a word search puzzle. Time will quickly pass by and I can bet that your eyes will appreciate a break from screens!
- They help with spelling and word recognition.
Word search puzzles can be such a great way to help kids learn new words, all while having fun. Word search games allow them to not only improve their vocabulary, but work on their spelling skills as well.
- You will feel accomplished.
How great does it feel when you finally find a word that you have been struggling to find? Even if it’s only for a minute or two, having a small sense of accomplishment can really boost your mood.
- Word searches are a great way to relax.
Working on a word search puzzle can help you relieve some stress. It can distract you from a stressful situation or help you wind down after a long day.
Fun ways to incorporate word search activities into a holiday party or large group gathering.
- Find words as fast as you can.
First, hand out all of the word search games to your students or group with the page facing down. Once you say “GO!” everyone has to hurry and try and find the words in the puzzle as quickly as possible. Whichever person can find all of the words the fastest, can win a prize.
- Turn the game into a fun raffle.
Instruct everyone in the group to work on their word search game on their own time throughout the day or party. If you are throwing a St. Patrick’s Day party, you may even want to include a printout of the word search in the invitation envelopes and have everyone bring them to the party.
Once the puzzle is completed, everyone can place the game with their name on it, into a box. At the end of the event, someone can choose a game out of the box and whoever’s name is chosen, can win a prize!
- Set a timer.
Set a timer for 5 minutes. If you are playing with younger children, you may want to set the timer for a longer amount of time. Once you press start, everyone must try and find as many words in the puzzle as they can. The person who has found the most words by the time the timer goes off, wins!
How to make the word search game reusable:
If you are planning on re using this St. Patrick’s Day word search as a yearly holiday activity for your classroom or event, you may want to save a few trees and time, by making the games reusable. Here are two ways to you can do so.
Use a lamination machine
If you have access to a lamination machine, you can laminate each word search game and then use a dry erase marker to have everyone work on the word search puzzle. Once the activity has been completed, you can wipe off the answers and store them away for the next year.
You can use dry erase pockets.
If you don’t have a lamination machine, you can also use these really cool dry erase pockets. All you would need to do is place the games inside the pockets and use dry erase markers to complete the word search. Once you are done, simply wipe off the marker and reuse the games next year.
Note: If you are planning on laminating or using dry erase pockets, I would definitely recommend printing out the word search games onto white cardstock. This will ensure that the games are more durable and can withstand being reused year after year.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Word Search
This free printable St. Patrick’s Day word search game would be the perfect activity for classroom parties, family parties, play dates etc. Really any time you are in need of a quick way to keep people entertained any time around St. Patricks Day.
The word search is designed to fit onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of paper.
Feel free to download and print as many copies of the St. Patrick’s day word search games as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This game was created for personal use only.
Check out these other fun free St. Patrick’s Day activities and printables:
- How many words can you make out of shamrock game
This fun free printable How many words can you make out of shamrock game is a simply yet challenging activity where you have to try and make as many words as you can using only the words found in the word shamrock.
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Scramble
Have fun trying to unscramble these 12 St. Patrick’s Day themed words. But don’t worry, we’ve included an answer key in case you get stumped!
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Maze
Make your way through the maze to reach the shamrock at the center. It is a simple yet challenging activity that kids and adults alike will have fun working on.
- St. Patrick’s Day I Spy Game
Both kids and adults will have a blast trying to find these 9 St. Patrick’s Day themed pictures in the box above. Count and write down how many of each pictures you see on the lines next to each image.
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt for Kids
In this simple yet fun scavenger hunt, kids will need to find 8 St. Patrick’s Day themed images around the house, classroom or any other location you choose. This activity is great for toddlers and younger children.
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.