This free printable Valentine’s Day Mystery Color by Number Worksheet is the perfect activity to work on this February.
Simply use the key to fill in each square with the color that corresponds to each number. Once completed, it will reveal a fun Valentine’s Day themed image.
This free printable Valentine’s Day Mystery Color by Number is a fun activity for kids or adults to work on during February.
I have seen these types of worksheets also referred to as pixel art or pixel color by numbers. However, I thought “mystery” was fitting because you don’t know what image you are going to be creating until it is complete.
They are super fun and relaxing to work on and is great for both kids and adults. My kids and I all had a blast testing out this worksheet. So much so that they requested I make more immediately!
How do mystery color by number worksheets work?
You will see a large box filled with squares containing different numbers. At the top of the page there is a key that tells you which color corresponds to each number.
Using crayons, markers or colored pencils, simply color in each box with the correct color.
Before you know it, your mystery Valentine’s Day themed picture will be revealed!
Kids not reading quite yet?
Not a problem! Everyone can enjoy this color by number page. All you need to do is draw a small circle of color next to each number and kids can easily associate the color to the number they see without having to read the color name.
What is the best way to complete the worksheet?
The correct answer is, whatever way you want! This activity is meant to be fun and relaxing which means you can color it in however you would like. However, I find that there are two common ways to color in the image.
Color in square by square from top to bottom.
If you’d like, you can color in each square from left to right, top to bottom. Using this method will slowly reveal your picture as you color.
Color in blocks of squares based on numbers that are close to one another.
Another method is to color in blocks of squares at a time. For example, if you see a bunch of “2’s” next to each other, you can color them all in at the same time. Coloring in this way is a bit faster and makes the mystery image appear more quickly.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Valentine’s Day Mystery Color by Number
This activity was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper or cardstock.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the coloring page as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This activity was created for personal use or classroom use only.
More fun Valentine’s Day Freebies
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Maze
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day I Spy
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Word Scramble
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.