Christmas will be here before you know it! Start getting into the holiday spirit with this free printable build a Santa craft. Simply color in the template, cut out the pieces and build your very own Santa!
My kids have been absolutely loving these “build your own” crafts. They are super easy to print out in the morning before school and have a fun and easy activity ready for them to work on.
Between coloring, cutting out the shapes and essentially putting the puzzle pieces together, they are working on improving so many important skills while having a lot of fun.
My kitchen fridge is almost completely covered with these types of crafts and I absolutely love it!
- Free printable build a Santa coloring page template (the download link is located at the bottom of this page)
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils or any other type of art supplies you have at home
- Construction paper
How to assemble:
Step 1: Print out the coloring page template
Using the link at the bottom of this post, download and print the free build a Santa template. I would recommend printing it out onto an 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper or cardstock.
Step 2: Color in the parts of Santa
Using markers, colored pencils or crayons, begin coloring in all of the parts of Santa. Feel free to get creative! You can make his signature suit red as it usually appears, or you can make it any other color you would like.
Step 3: Cut out the pieces
The next step is to cut out all of the parts you have just colored in. Depending on your child’s age and skill level, they may be able to cut everything out themselves. If so, this is a great opportunity to have them practice their scissor skills. If they don’t feel comfortable with that yet, you can definitely help them out with this step!
Step 4: Arrange the Santa pieces together and glue
Begin arranging the parts of Santa in the places they should go. There is a reference image at the bottom of the template you can look back at for inspiration. Glue Santa onto a piece of construction paper and you now have a fun work of art that can be displayed at home or in the classroom!
Free Printable Build a Santa Coloring Page
This craft was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper or cardstock. One Santa craft will print per page. Please feel free to download and print out as many copies of the coloring page as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This craft was created for personal or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More Christmas Freebies:
- Free Printable Build an Elf Craft
- Free Printable Christmas Activity and Coloring Book
- Free Printable Christmas I Spy
- Free Printable Christmas Word Search
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Free Elf on the Shelf Printables
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.