Halloween will be here before you know it! A great way to start getting into the spooky spirit is by making your own DIY decorations. Using this free printable spider web template is a fun way to start to getting your home or classroom ready for the Halloween season.
When I think of Halloween, one image that always comes to mind is a spider web. While buying decorations in the store can be fun, making them yourself is even better!
Today, I am excited to share with you this template that helps you make free printable spider webs! It is a great Halloween activity for both at home or in the classroom. On the page you will find easy to follow step by step instructions on how to use the template to make your very own paper spider webs.
Why do you need a template?
The folding and cutting of a paper spider web can be a little tricky unless you have a lot of practice. This template make it easy for anyone to quickly make a paper spider web that is worthy of decorating any space this Halloween.
It is a great Halloween craft for kids to work on at home, in the classroom or at a Halloween party. Once the spider web has been cut out you can hang them on the windows, walls, doors or anywhere else that needs some spooky decor.
- Free printable spider web template (available as an instant download)
How to use the template:
Step 1: Print and Cut.
The first step to make this Halloween craft is to print out the spider web template onto white paper. Cut out the square along the solid black lines and then flip the page over so that the blank side is now facing up.
Step 2: Fold #1
Fold diagonally along the dotted line marked “1.”
Step 3: Fold #2
Fold along the dotted line marked “2.”
Step 4: Fold #3
Fold along the dotted line marked “3.”
Step 5: Cut and Unfold.
Cut out the gray shaded sections, leaving the white web shape. Make sure to cut through all of the layers at once. Unfold and see your completed spider web.
If you have younger kids that are able to safely use scissors, making these paper spider webs would be a great way to help them work on their scissor skills. It also encourages the use of their fine motor skills.
If they are not ready to use scissors yet, kids can still get involved with the folding of the paper and the most exciting part, the unfolding!
Feel free to use the template as many times as you would like. If you feel confident in the folding and cutting, you can branch out and create your own spider web using different colors. You can also create various forms of spider webs in different sizes as well.
These paper spider webs are so much fun to make! They are also a great way to decorate for a Halloween party or simply use as a fun Halloween craft this spooky season.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Spider Web Template
This template was designed to be printed onto a standard piece of 8.5×11 inch white paper. On each page you will see the square template along with the folding and cutting instructions.
More Halloween Freebies:
- Free Printable Build a Frankenstein Craft
- Free Printable Build a Jack-O-Lantern Craft
- Pumpkin Outline – Free Printable Template
- Bat Outline – Two Free printable Templates
- Free Printable Halloween Lacing Cards
- Free Printable Halloween Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Spider Templates
- Free Printable Spider Web Lacing Craft
- Popsicle Stick Spider Web Craft
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.