When the weather is cold and the kids are stuck inside, you might be looking for some fun activities to keep them entertained.
This free printable Winter word scramble features 12 words that you need to try and unscramble. With both long and short words it is sure to be fun and challenging for a wide variety of ages.
How to play word scramble:
The goal of this activity is to try and unscramble each of the 12 Winter themed words.
Word scramble games are fun while also being challenging. They keep you thinking as well as give you a satisfied feeling when you finally figure out a tough word!
How to make printable games reusable:
One of my favorite things to do is laminate printable games. I use a home lamination machine and some cardstock and then am able to reuse the games over and over again.
Simply use a dry erase marker to work on the activity and then wipe off the answers when you’re done.
It is a great way to reuse activities in a classroom setting or at home as well.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Winter Word Scramble
This game was designed to be printed onto a standard piece of 8.5×11 inch white printer paper or cardstock. One game will print per page.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the activity as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files. This game was created for personal use or classroom use only.
If you enjoyed this post, you might like to check our some of our other fun free printable Winter themed activities below:
- Free Printable Winter Word Search
- Free Printable Winter I Spy Game
- Free Printable Outdoor Winter Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Build a Snowman Activity
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.