Make walks this Fall extra fun by incorporating this fun free printable outdoor fall scavenger hunt great for kids. It will make a regular stroll more exciting and engaging for your little ones.
Fall is definitely my most favorite time of year and I would go for hour long walks every morning if I could. Unfortunately, one of my sons is not a fan of long walks or sitting in the stroller and so we usually cut our walks pretty short.
The other day the weather was just too beautiful not to be outside for a more extended period of time. And so I decided to try an incorporate a fun scavenger hunt activity to keep the kids more entertained on our little nature walk.
This scavenger hunt is perfect not only for walks but for backyards and parks and well.
- Free printable template (the download link is located at the bottom of this post).
- Pen, pencil, crayons or markers
- White printer paper
- Clipboard (optional)
- Ziplock bags (optional)
In this scavenger hunt, you will be searching for the following fall themed items:
- Brown leaf
- Green leaf
Simply print out the scavenger hunt onto printer paper or cardstock. Grab a ziplock bag and then every time you find an item on the list, check it off and place it inside the bag.
After you find all of the objects, take them home and maybe do a craft with your nature supplies!
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Outdoor Fall Scavenger Hunt
This scavenger hunt was designed to be printed onto standard 8.5×11 inch printer paper or cardstock. We also used a clipboard to check off all of the items on our scavenger hunt list.
Feel free to download and print as many copies of the scavenger hunt as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way.
More fun free printable scavenger hunt games below:
- Free Printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Back to School Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Fruit Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.