Last Updated on
All of your guests will have a blast playing this super fun baby shower scattergories game. Featuring two different baby themed lists, this free printable game will ensure that everyone has a great time at your event!
If you have been following my blog for a while now, you may have read that I absolutely did not want a baby shower when I was pregnant with my son.
Maybe it was my anxiety, maybe it was not wanting to be the center of attention when I was huge and uncomfortable. In any event, I declined every well meaning offer to throw me a baby shower that I received!
Funny enough though, I actually love designing baby shower games and activities. Even more so now that I’m a mom to an almost 2 year old (I can’t believe how fast time flies!).
As I was working on this baby shower scattergories game I was really tempted to call one of my mom friends to come over and test out the category lists with me. I kept trying to think of answers for each category for each letter of the alphabet. Needless to say, it would have been a lot more fun to think of answers with a friend!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you decide to make a purchase.
What is included in the Baby Shower Scattergories pdf download:
- 1 instruction page that includes letters you can cut out (if you don’t have access to one of these super cool alphabet dice)
- 1 page that contains 2 sets of answer cards. (You will need to print multiples of this page depending on the number of guests that will be playing).
- 1 page that contains 2 sets of categories cards. (Each player will need their own set of categories cards so you will have to print multiples of this page depending on the number of guests playing).
This scattergories game set is intended to print on standard 8.5×11 inch pieces of paper. Since 2 sets of categories cards and 2 sets of answer cards will print per page, you will need to trim the cards apart.
This is the paper cutter that I currently have at my desk. It gets a ton of use every day and I can highly recommend it.
Feel free to download and print as many copies of the scattergories game set as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This baby shower scattergories game was created for personal use only.
How do you play scattergories?
First, cut apart the letters on the instruction page and place them into a small bowl or a hat. Have one person close their eyes and choose a letter at random.
Alternatively, you can use one of these really cool alphabet dice to choose the letter.
Next, set a timer for 3 minutes. If you happen to have any younger children playing this game as well, you may want to set the timer for a little bit longer.
Using the categories cards provided, each guest will come up with answers that start with the chosen letter. This scattergories game includes cards for two rounds.
Write down as many answers as you can before the timer runs out. If you happen to get stumped on a particular category, feel free to skip it and come back to it later if you have time.
When the timer runs out, go around the room and compare answers with all of the other guests. If there is someone who has the same answer as you, both of you must cross that item off of your lists. Whichever player has the most unique answers at the end of the game, wins!
Tip: It’s a good idea to try and come up with the most unique answers that you can think of. For example if the letter “D” is chosen for the category “Items needed for a bath,” you may want to write down “drain stopper” instead of “ducky” since a rubber duck is probably the first thing people think of when a bath comes to mind.
Is baby shower scattergories any different than regular scattergories?
Nope! The only difference is that instead of general categories, everything on the cards are baby related. Check out some of our other fun scattergories games here:
Can you play scattergories in teams?
Yes, you can! Since there will most likely be a lot of people at a baby shower, you may want to break into small teams. This not only saves some time having to go through say 30 people reading out their answers, but it also makes things a little more competitive. It can also be a really great ice breaker, especially if played at the beginning of the baby shower.
A great idea would be for each table at the shower to be their own team. How fun would it to have them even come up with team names!
When playing scattergories in groups, I would recommend setting the timer for a little bit longer than if everyone was playing individually. This way, every person on the team can voice their answer suggestion without being too rushed.
Once the timer is up, you can have one member from each team read out their answers for each of the categories. If any other team has a duplicate answer, they both must cross the item off their lists.
Whichever team has the most unique answers at the end of the game, wins!
Are you looking for other fun baby shower games and activities? Be sure to check out these free printable sets:
- Baby elephants This set is available in pink, blue or green. While definitely suited for a more subtle elephant theme, these are probably one of my favorite sets. I had actually created these ones while I was pregnant and still on the fence about having a baby shower of my own.
- Woodland animals Foxes, deers and bears, oh my! This game set is perfect for any forest or woodland baby shower theme.
- Zoo animals This set features cute little animals riding in an even cuter train! Did I mention they’re cute? This set would be great for any baby animal themed shower.
- Pastel stripes Simple and classic, this game set is available in pink, blue or green. Featuring diagonal stripes, they would be great for just about any type of girl, boy, or gender neutral shower.
- Buffalo plaid This game set is perfect for any rustic or lumberjack themed shower. With red buffalo plaid they would be suited for boys and girls alike.
- Owls If you’re going for an owl themed shower then this game set is the way to go! Staring an adorable mom and baby pair, this design is just too cute not to use!
- Watercolor Florals: These beautiful watercolor flower designs would be just perfect for a sweet baby girl!
- Giraffes: Featuring an adorable mom and baby giraffe pair, this game set would be great for any gender baby shower.
- Black and White: Simple and classic, these black and white designs would be perfect for just about any party theme. They feature a lovely script font that any mommy-to-be would be sure to love.
Free Printable Baby Shower Scattergories