This free printable build a reindeer craft is the perfect activity of the upcoming Christmas season. Simply color in the shapes, cut them out and then assemble to create your very own reindeer. Christmas will be here before you know it! It’s never too early to start getting into the holiday spirit!
These “build your own” types of activities are definitely some of my favorite to create. I have fun making them and my kids definitely enjoy putting them together and “testing” them out for me!
They are great for quickly printing out before or after school to have your kids work on if you need some time to get things together. These activities are also perfect for weekends, playdates or holiday parties as well.
Between coloring in the shapes, cutting them out and fitting the pieces together, kids are working on improving a wide array of important skills while also being creative and having fun.
- Free printable template (the download link is located at the bottom of this post)
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils or any other types of art supplies you would like to use.
- Construction paper
How to assemble:
Step 1: Print out the reindeer template.
Download and print out the template onto white printer paper or cardstock. It is designed to fit onto a standard 8.5×11 inch sized piece of paper.
Step 2: Color in all of the shapes.
Using crayons, markers, colored pencils or any other types of art supplies you have around the house, begin coloring in the parts of the reindeer. Feel free to be creative! You can use the typical reindeer colors or any other colors you would like.
Step 3: Cut out the shapes.
Next, cut out all of the parts of the reindeer. If you child is able to safely use scissors on their own, this would be a great time for them to practice their scissor skills.
If they are not able to use scissors yet, you can cut out all of the shapes for them. Don’t worry, they can still take part in the next step!
Step 4: Arrange the reindeer pieces together and glue in place.
Begin placing the parts of the reindeer in the correct spots. There is a small picture at the bottom of the completed reindeer that you can reference while arranging the shapes.
Glue the reindeer shapes onto a piece of construction paper and then you are ready to display your festive artwork at home or in the classroom.
Free Printable Build a Reindeer Craft
This activity was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of printer paper or cardstock. One reindeer craft will print per page.
Please feel free to download and print out as many copies of the activity as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This craft was created for personal use or classroom use only.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More “Build your own” Christmas Printables:
- Free Printable Build a Santa Craft
- Free Printable Build an Elf Craft
- Free Printable Build a Snowman Craft
- Free Printable Build a Christmas Tree Craft
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.