Start getting into the holiday spirit with this free printable Christmas color by number worksheet. With only a couple of supplies that you most likely already have lying around the house, it is a great activity for playdates, in the classroom or during parties.
Coloring is always a fun activity for both kids and adults alike. A great way to make simple coloring pages a bit more education is by incorporating a color by number element to it.
While your children or students still get to be creative and color, they are also encouraged to practice a variety of their stills. Reading skills, fine motor skills and following directions are just a few of the benefits of working on color by number worksheets.
This Christmas coloring page features a large Christmas tree decorated with ornaments and a star on top. There are two wrapped presents beneath the tree and it all sits on top of a fun colorful background.
This activity is great for kids of all ages and fun for adults to work on as well. It is perfect for working on at home, during a playdate, on a rainy day, in the classroom or during holiday parties as well.
What is a color by number worksheet?
Color by number worksheets are very similar to regular coloring pages, except that there is a key at the top of the page that tells you which section should be which color.
Each number in the key corresponds to a different color. All you have to do is follow the key and then fill in all of the shapes with the correct color.
If your students or children are on the younger side, they may not be able to read quite yet. Not to worry! All you have to do is simply color in the circle next to each word in the key with the correct color.
This way, the kids have a visual guide of what colors they should be using, all without having to be able to read.
Free Printable coloring page (the download link is located at the bottom of this page).
White printer paper
Crayons, markers or colored pencils.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Christmas Color by Number Worksheet
This worksheet was designed to be printed onto a standard piece of 8.5×11 inch white printer paper or cardstock.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the worksheet as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This coloring page was crated for personal use or classroom use only.
More Free Printable Christmas Games and Activities Below:
- Free Printable Build a Santa Craft
- Free Printable Build an Elf Craft
- Free Printable Christmas Coloring Page
- Free Printable Christmas Word Search
- Free Printable Christmas Maze
- Free Printable Build a Snowman Craft
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.