Christmas will be here before you know it! Start getting into the holiday spirit now by making some of these fun free printable Christmas hand puppets. Featuring Santa, Snowmen and Reindeer, there are plenty of options kids of all ages will enjoy!
These three hand puppets are a fun and creative project for the upcoming holiday season. Whether you are making them at a party, at home or in the classroom, the are a great craft for all ages.
- Free printable templates (the three template download links are located at the bottom of this post)
- White cardstock (standard printer paper will work, however cardstock is highly recommended)
- Markers, crayons or colored pencils
- Glue or tape
How to assemble the hand puppets:
Step 1: Print out the pdf templates.
The three hand puppet templates (Santa, Snowman and Reindeer) are located at the bottom of this post. Download the pdf and then print onto white cardstock.
While you can use regular printer paper if you would like, I would highly recommend using cardstock instead. The puppet will be much more durable and higher quality.
Step 2: Color in the puppets.
Next, begin to color in the puppets using crayons, markers or colored pencils. You don’t have to color in the two rectangles on the sides of the template, these will become the handles and will not be visible from the front.
Step 3: Cut out the template.
Cut out all of the pieces of the template and then set aside.
Step 4: Fold the puppet.
Start by folding the puppet along the grey dotted lines. After you are done folding, you should only be able to see the puppets face. The inside of the puppet’s mouth will be hidden when closed. Also make sure to fold the ends of the two rectangles the will be the puppet’s handles.
Step 5: Add the handles.
Place glue onto the two sections of the rectangle labeled “glue.” (Please note: you can also use tape instead of glue if you would like). Attach the handles to the top and bottom of the puppet’s mouth.
Step 6: Have fun playing with your new puppets!
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Paper Christmas Hand Puppets
Each puppet was designed to be printed onto 8.5×11 inch pieces of white cardstock or printer paper. One puppet will print per page. Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the hand puppets as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. These puppet’s were created for personal or classroom use only.
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like to check out of some of our other fun free printable Christmas games and activities below:
- Free Printable Christmas Bingo
- Free Printable Christmas Activity and Coloring Book
- Free Printable Christmas Maze
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Christmas Scattergories
- Free Printable Christmas I Spy
- Free Printable Christmas Word Search
- Free Printable Christmas Word Scramble
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.