A great way to make walks even more fun this Summer is to incorporate this free printable Summer Scavenger Hunt. It is a great way to keep the kids engaged and having fun while getting some sun and fresh air!
One of my favorite things to do over the summer is to take walks with my kids. Whether it is to the playground, a friends house or to get ice cream, I just love being outside in the beautiful weather.
But while I could take long walks and simply enjoy the fresh air, sometimes my kids need a little more entertainment. That is where this Summer Scavenger Hunt comes into play!
Simply print out the scavenger hunt page and bring along something to write with such as pens, pencils, crayons or markers. Then all you have to do is check off each item as you find it.
This scavenger hunt is perfect for not only walks but also parks and backyard fun as well.
In this scavenger hunt, you will be searching for the following nine Summer themed items:
- Ice cream truck
- Purple flower
Want to reuse the scavenger hunt?
If you want to save some paper and reuse the scavenger hunt multiple times, you might want to laminate the page.
This is the lamination machine that I am currently using and I definitely recommend it. After the scavenger hunt is laminated you can easily use a dry erase marker to check off the items and then wipe everything off when you’re done.
And if you don’t have access to a lamination machine, another great option would be these dry erase pockets. Simply print out the scavenger hunt and then place it into the pocket. Again, use a dry erase marker and clean the page after you are done.
Free Printable Summer Scavenger Hunt
This Summer scavenger hunt was designed to be printed onto a standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white printer paper or cardstock. I would also recommend using a clipboard to make checking off the scavenger hunt items easier.
Feel free to download and print out as many copies of the scavenger hunt as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More fun free printable scavenger hunts below:
- Free Printable Fall Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Back to School Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Fruit Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Spring Scavenger Hunt
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.