This free printable Christmas sweater template is the perfect jumping off point for so many fun crafts this holiday season.
Whether you are in need of a fun craft for the classroom or at home, this sweater template is a great backdrop for a variety of creative projects.
- Free printable template (the download link is located at the bottom of this post)
- White printer paper or cardstock
- Art supplies such as: crayons, markers, colored pencils, glitter, pom poms, stickers, glue
How to use the template:
Print out the sweater.
The creative possibilities are really endless! However the first step is to print the template out on to white printer paper or cardstock. For the very best quality I would definitely recommend printing the sweaters out onto cardstock.
If you use regular printer paper, one way to increase the durability of the craft a bit is to glue it onto a piece of construction paper. This also adds a fun colorful background that you can decorate as well!
Now comes the fun part! Using any art supplies you have on hand, begin decorating your sweater. If you want to use only crayons, markers or colored pencils and draw on decorations, that’s great!
Feel free to also create designs using glitter, stickers, pom poms or any other items you have available to you.
This craft would be great for at home, in the classroom or during a holiday party. It would be great for kids and adults as well.
For adults, it might be fun to hold a sweater decorating contest. Everyone could receive a blank sweater and then have to make the funniest or ugliest sweater they can! It is a fun activity that will definitely keep everyone laughing.
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
More Winter Freebies:
- Free Printable Build a Penguin Craft
- Free Printable Build a Snowman Craft
- Free Printable Winter Maze
- Free Printable How many words can you make out of snowstorm
- Free Printable Winter Word Scramble
- Free Printable Winter Word Search
- Free Printable Paper Snowflake Template
- Free Printable Winter I Spy Game
- Free Printable Outdoor Winter Scavenger Hunt
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.