Get in the spooky spirit with this free printable Halloween color by number worksheet. With minimal supplies and virtually no mess, this is a great activity for both at home or in the classroom.
My kids absolutely love coloring. Now that my oldest is starting to read, I thought it might be a good idea to have him practice, while also working on a fun activity.
Today, I’m excited to share with you this Halloween color by number worksheet. It is a great way to elevate the standard coloring page, while also getting ready for the spooky season coming up!
This coloring page features a carved Jack-O-Lanterm, a moon, two bats and a fun colorful background. It is a great activity to work on during a playdate, at home on a rainy day, or even in the classroom.
It is fun for a wide variety of ages. I definitely enjoyed working on this with my kids as well!
What is a color by number worksheet?
At the top of the page, you will see a key. Each number corresponds to a different color. Follow the key and then fill in the shapes in the coloring page with the correct color.
If your kids are younger and are unable to read, you can draw a small circle next to each number in the key with the correct color. This way, they can follow the key using numbers and colors instead of having to read the words.
- Free printable coloring page (the download link is located at the bottom of this post)
- Crayons, markers or colored pencils
Favorite Printable Supplies:
These are a few of my favorite supplies that I use for printable games and activities:
- White Cardstock: For most projects, I recommend printing onto cardstock. It is much more durable than standard printer paper and often produces a higher quality print.
- Crayons: A staple in any crafting household. Crayola is always the top notch choice!
- Kid Friendly Safety Scissors: These are perfect for little kids learning how to use scissors. They cut paper but not fingers or hair!
- Glue Sticks: These disappearing purple glue sticks are by far my favorite! I love buying them in bulk since we use them so often!
- Lamination Machine: Laminating printables are a great way to make them last longer. If you are planning on laminating to make games reusable, be sure to get a bunch of dry erase markers as well.
- Dry Erase Pockets: Dry erase pockets are a great alternative to using a lamination machine when wanting to make printable games and activities reusable.
- Printer: A high quality printer is always recommended for the best results. If you are in need of a printer this Brother Wireless Printer is a great choice.
Free Printable Halloween Color by Number Worksheet
This worksheet was designed to be printed onto one standard 8.5×11 inch piece of white paper. One activity will print per page.
Please feel free to download and print as many copies of the worksheet as you would like. However, please do not edit or redistribute the files in any way. This activity was created for personal or classroom use only.
More Halloween Freebies:
- Free Printable Halloween Joke Cootie Catcher
- Free Printable Halloween Word Search
- Free Printable Halloween Bingo
- Free Printable Halloween Spot the difference
- Free Printable Halloween I Spy
- Free Printable Halloween Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble
- Free Printable Halloween Maze
- Free Printable Create your own Jack-O-Lantern Coloring Page
- Free Printable How many words can you make out of Halloween
- Free Printable Halloween Dot Painting
- Free Printable Candy Corn Counting Activity
By entering your email address you will be receiving the free digital file as well as subscribing to our weekly email newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.